Housing Disrepair Claims Solicitors

If you are a tenant who has reported disrepair to your landlord and they haven’t responded in a reasonable time, you may be entitled to claim compensation.

The law states that every rental property must meet basic standards for health, safety, cleanliness and durability. When a landlord fails to uphold these standards, it can result in serious problems.  Contact housing disrepair London for a housing disrepair claim case.

Damage to your belongings

When your belongings are damaged by a problem within your house, you can claim compensation for these losses. This could be if your furniture was ruined by water leakage or if your clothes were affected by mould.

This type of damage is called special damage and you will need to provide documented evidence of the damage to your possessions and their worth. This can be done by taking photographs or obtaining receipts for any purchases that were made as a result of the damage.

As well as damage to your belongings, you may also be able to claim for injury or illness caused by housing disrepair. This can be a result of the problems in your house such as water leakages, electrical issues or mould, which can all make you feel uncomfortable and put your health at risk.

Loss of use of the property

If your property is in disrepair and your landlord has not acted to fix it, then you can seek compensation. This could be for loss of use of the property which has affected your daily life, your health or the value of your belongings.

Housing disrepair is a common issue in private, social and council properties and can cause stress, inconvenience and downturns in quality of life for tenants. Landlords have a legal duty to maintain their structures and external installations – including drains, pipes and gutters – as well as the gas, heating and water within the home.

You can make a claim for housing disrepair compensation if you have reported an issue to your landlord and given them a reasonable amount of time to deal with it. However, your landlord can still refuse to act and you should get advice from a specialist solicitor who can help you take action.

Damage to your health

When it comes to housing disrepair, a lot of problems can affect your health. They include mould and damp, gas and water leaks, faulty central heating and lack of hot water.

If you’ve experienced any of these issues, you could be able to make a claim for compensation. It’s important that you tell your landlord about the problem, and give them notice in writing to fix it.

Your landlord has a legal duty to keep your home safe and in good condition. If they have failed to do this and it has affected your health, you may be able to make a claim for housing disrepair compensation.

To make a claim, you need to prove that there is a link between the disrepair and your injury or illness. You’ll need to provide medical evidence from a certified medical professional. This could include notes from your GP that show a direct connection between the disrepair and your injuries.

Financial loss

If your landlord has failed to repair the property you live in, then you could be entitled to claim compensation. The amount of compensation you get depends on a number of factors.

The rent that you paid while you lived in the property is used as a basis to calculate the compensation. Generally, you will be awarded between 25% and 50% of the rent you paid.

This amount of compensation can cover the cost of paying for works that you have had to pay for or the expense of finding alternative accommodation.

You can also make a claim for any damages to your belongings, including clothes and furniture. It is a good idea to keep receipts of your items and in some cases, photographs or physical evidence may be needed.

Everyone deserves to live in a safe, well-maintained home. Unfortunately, many landlords fail to meet their responsibility to ensure that your property is in good repair. This can cause a range of issues, including health and financial problems.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *