What type of camera is the C100?
The C100 is a digital cinema camera produced by Canon. It is a part of Canon's Cinema EOS lineup, specifically designed for professional videographers and filmmakers. The Canon EOS C100 is known for its compact size, lightweight design, and exceptional image quality.
Here are some key features of the Canon EOS C100:
- Sensor: The C100 features a Super 35mm-sized CMOS sensor, more significant than the sensors typically in consumer-grade cameras. The larger sensor size allows for better low-light performance, depth of field control, and dynamic range.
- Image Quality: The C100 captures high-quality video in various formats, including Full HD 1080p. It can shoot in multiple frame rates and has a wide ISO range for flexibility in different lighting conditions.
- Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus: One standout feature of the C100 is its Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus system. This technology provides fast and accurate autofocus performance, making it easier to maintain sharp focus while shooting.
- Ergonomics and Connectivity: The camera is designed with ergonomics, featuring a comfortable grip, intuitive controls, and a tiltable LCD screen. It also offers a range of professional connectivity options, including XLR audio inputs, HDMI output, and SDI output.
- Expandability: The C100 can be customized and expanded to suit different shooting requirements. It is compatible with a wide range of Canon EF and EF-S lenses, allowing users to choose the appropriate lens for their needs. Additionally, it supports various accessories like external monitors, recorders, and audio equipment.
- Cinema EOS Ecosystem: The C100 is part of Canon's Cinema EOS ecosystem. It can seamlessly integrate with other Cinema EOS cameras and accessories, offering a unified workflow for professionals working with multiple cameras.
It's important to note that the Canon EOS C100 is an older model, and Canon has since released newer versions in its Cinema EOS lineup, such as the C100 Mark II and C200. These newer models offer additional features and improvements over the original C100. Nonetheless, the C100 remains a capable camera for professionals seeking a compact and versatile cinema camera option.