Educating the Public About Melbourne Nang

Melbourne Nang are small canisters containing nitrous oxide. They are used to aerate cream and are also popular as a party drug that can be inhaled either through a balloon or, with a higher risk of injury, directly from the bulb.

Nangs are a great way to add a fun element to your drinks. But before you buy yours, there are a few things to keep in mind.

Melbourne Nang

Safety by Melbourne Nang

A Melbourne Nang is a small metal canister that contains nitrous oxide gas (N2O). They are commonly used to make whipped cream. Nangs are also popular for a variety of other purposes, including making infused beverages. The nang’s frothy texture and long-lasting freshness makes it ideal for topping lattes and frappuccinos. It can also be incorporated into other dishes, such as iced coffees and cocktails. The nang’s frothiness helps mask the bitter taste of alcohol.

Inhalation of nitrous oxide is a dangerous practice that can lead to seizures, brain damage, and psychosis. This is why it’s important to purchase nangs from a reputable source and use them responsibly.

When purchasing a nang, choose one that is made to strict safety standards and has clear labeling. You should also check the brand reputation and read reviews to ensure that you’re getting a quality product. It’s also important to consider the capacity of the nang, as this will impact its performance.

Despite the fact that nangs are not illegal, they are still widely misused by teens looking for a quick chemical high. Media reports have linked the use of nangs to the recent death of a teenager during Schoolies Week on the Gold Coast. In order to help combat this issue, the government has stepped up efforts to crack down on nang misuse and has put in place new laws restricting sales and requiring mandatory poison labels.


Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas, is widely used in medical hospitals and dental clinics for pain management. It is also often used in cafes and restaurants to whip cream. However, it is being increasingly used by young people as an inhalant drug to get high. This trend has led to increased health problems for these users, including memory loss and vitamin B12 depletion. It has even been linked to psychosis. The problem has prompted some doctors to call for the sale of nangs to be restricted, and to educate the public about the dangers of using them.

Melbourne Nang can be purchased from a range of retailers, including online stores and some supermarkets. They are often advertised on social media and TikTok. Some websites also promote their use as baking supplies, and include recipes for whipped cream in their product descriptions. Some also offer a delivery service. These businesses are targeted mainly by international students, who have easy access to money and are unlikely to be checked by parents.

Despite the efforts of the government to crackdown on these canisters, many people continue to buy and sell them in the community. Some have even started to use them in music festivals. This practice has resulted in hundreds of thousands of empty nang canisters being discarded, which is a significant environmental issue.


Hundreds of nitrous oxide canisters – known as ‘nangs’ – are being delivered to homes across Melbourne and Sydney by a growing number of businesses. These small canisters contain nitrous oxide, which is used as an anaesthetic in dentistry and by women in labour, but they are also popular at parties where they are inhaled through balloons or directly from the canister. This results in a brief euphoric high that causes users to feel relaxed and giggle uncontrollably.

But long-term exposure to nitrous oxide can have dangerous side effects, including memory loss and vitamin B12 depletion, numbness in the hands and feet, and psychosis. Robert, a former user of nangs, says his addiction cost him his fiancee and several jobs, and tens of thousands of dollars in debts. He now lives in a caravan and works for a food company, but he still struggles to manage his finances and maintain a stable job.

Despite the fact that nangs are not illegal, health professionals fear they are increasingly being misused by young people as an inhalant drug. Laughing gas parties have been around for years, but the use of nangs is becoming more common, especially at music festivals. A woman who runs a recycling business for nang canisters estimates that she and her team collect around 500kg to a tonne of them after each festival.

Cost of Melbourne Nang

Melbourne Nang, or whipped cream chargers, are small metal canisters that contain nitrous oxide gas (N2O). When used with a dispenser, they create whipped cream in a matter of seconds. They are a popular choice for bars and restaurants that want to serve customers a delicious dessert quickly and easily. But nangs can be dangerous if misused. Thankfully, there are measures in place to prevent nangs from falling into the wrong hands.

Many people use nangs to create a sense of euphoria or a “laughing gas” effect. This type of abuse can have serious health consequences, including severe vitamin deficiency and brain damage. It can also lead to pressure sores and even death. In extreme cases, nang abuse can leave users disabled and unable to care for themselves.

The popularity of Melbourne Nang has led to an increase in use as a recreational drug. Some communities are introducing new measures to help curb the problem, such as restricting their sale and requiring “poison” labels on all canisters. Others are increasing surveillance and conducting random spot checks. Unfortunately, these tactics may not be enough to stop young people from using nangs for their intended purposes. In the meantime, it’s best to make sure you have an emergency kit on hand in case of a nang emergency. This kit should include a pair of safety glasses and a mask, in addition to a spare set of nangs.