For a fleet management system to work properly, there needs to be a union of both software and hardware. But while TrackoBit takes care of providing a good fleet monitoring software, hardware choosing can be a difficult task.
Fleet managers need to pay special care to several parameters that can determine the quality of their tasks. It determines the safety and productivity along with the accuracy of a fleet business. This article will help you determine what goes into selecting a good fleet management system. But before we do that, let us first understand the process of choosing hardware products for your fleet.
Choose Hardware For Your Fleet Business
Hardware products determine how good a fleet management software will be able to function. If the data is wrong right at the collection stage, then there is no going back. The system will not be able to rectify this error and this will defeat the entire report analytic process.
Let us look at some things that fleet businesses need to ensure before they decide which products to invest in:
- Quality of the Material Used: The hardware product you choose should have the best quality material. This means that it should not only be easy to break or remove from the vehicle. Tapering is quite simple for the hardware products integrated with vehicles but investing in a good quality product can reduce this risk as well.
- Functionality: Having a product that is resistant to the weather conditions is essential. Managers need to ensure that their trackers are water resistant and break proof. This is because vehicles with these integrations are often exposed to severe weather conditions.
- Compatibility: To build a good system, managers need to make sure that their hardware is compatible with the software. Only then will they actually be able to use the data and optimise their fleet business.
- Usability: Having products added to the system that are of no use to the nature of your fleet will do no good. Managers need to make sure that they choose what kind of data they want to receive and invest in hardware products accordingly.
Commonly Used Hardware in a Fleet
There is a wide array of hardware integration that can help fleet businesses optimise their operations with the help of data. This data can be accessed in the form of reports for easier comprehension. Some of the hardware most commonly used include:
- eLocks: These devices make sure that managers have the ability to ensure their vehicles are locked or not. They can also use them to lock the vehicle in case they suspect any unethical activity. Thus, it adds a layer of extra security.
- GPS tracker: The primary role of a fleet management system is to track the location of a vehicle and their assets. GPS trackers make this process error- free and easy for the managers. Manually tracking a vehicle is downright impossible which is why these devices are so commonly used.
- Sensors: A fleet business can invest in several types of sensors for their fleet operations. These sensors are gateways to extra data for the business, allowing them to see any loophole in their operations and working to improve them. Some of the commonly used sensors include – fuel sensor, door sensors, load sensors and so on.
- SOS button: A vehicle can be in a situation of emergency without the managers knowing. This is why the emergency button can send a fast alert to managers so that they can further investigate the situation.
All these integrations have a separate use and collect different types of data for the managers to work with. Thus ensuring a more holistic approach to the optimisation that is based on data collected by a system instead of manual management.
How to Make Best Use of Your Gps Tracking Hardware
Managers can use their system in several different ways if thayer strategize the easy to utilise their potential. Some ways that this is possible is by:
- Storing Reports: The data that the sensors provide to the system is categorised and stored into reports. This means that they
- Not Overwhelming Themselves: Investing in too many products at the same time can lead to chaotic management. Managers will have too much data on their hands without any knowledge on what to do with it. This will affect the necessary operations as well as the time managers spend on it will reduce.
- Maintaining Regularly: A device is bound to wear out due to constant use. This is why it is important that managers regularly service theory hardware devices. This will cut their expenditure on replacing new devices as well.
Why Entrust Your Fleet Business With an Aggregator?
When looking to invest in a fleet business, there are so many things to do and plan! This can cause fleet managers to forget some essential steps to choosing the right fleet management system, including the hardware and software. This is where an aggregator comes into the picture. They make a combination of the best suited GPS trackers software and hardware for the company.
Having these aggregators ensures that you get value for your investment. It also eliminates the discrepancies of any kind at the purchasing end. The supplier makes sure that all your software and hardware components are compatible and ready to run.
In the End
A fleet manager has to take care of a lot more than simply ensuring that their fleet is completing all the tasks assigned to them. They also need to make sure that the integration that happens with their fleet management system is appropriate to their industry and nature of work. This is why choosing a set of hardware can require time investment.
But at least businesses do not have to spend time selecting what software to invest in. TrackoBit is the leading fleet management software in the market. It is compatible with almost all kinds of hardware products which means no more discrepancy and losses because of separate hardware selection. Try out a demo today and see how the system works for yourself!