Both Windows and Linux are two remarkable OS in the market and enjoy huge popularity worldwide. Moreover, these OS also offer many great features and tools to their users. In other words, using any of these operating systems can be very beneficial for you. But which operating system is better than the other? So, to find the answer to this question today we are going to learn about both Linux and Windows in detail.
Here is everything that you require to know about these two incredible operating systems.
What Is Linux?
It is a robust and highly versatile operating system. However, it is quite different from traditional operation systems. For instance, it gives its users the freedom to customize it by altering its source code. Moreover, it comes with both a programming interface and GUI. Besides this, the OS is also quite secure and reliable. This is why many programmers worldwide prefer to use Linux instead of other OS for development. In other words, it is an outstanding and robust OS and using it can be very advantageous for you. To learn how to customize the operating system as per your requirements feel free to join our Linux Training Institute in Delhi.
Following are some of the major features of this outstanding operating system:
- The operating system is free to use. Thus, you don’t require to pay a hefty license fee for using the OS.
- The OS offers lots of flexibility to its users.
- It requires less space and resources for installation and working properly.
- It comes with both a programming interface and GUI.
- The OS supports end-to-end encryption.
- It can work in any kind of environment or device.
- The operating system/OS is available in all languages.
- It supports multi-programming and multi-user access.
What Is Windows?
It is a graphic OS by Microsoft. The OS is available in two versions namely 32-bit and 64-bit. Besides this, the OS features a very simple/friendly user interface. Apart from this, the OS offers many astonishing features and tools to users that enhance their productivity. This is another big reason why millions of people worldwide are using this robust OS on their devices. However, the OS is not free to use. Thus, if you want to use it then you will require to purchase its license. But despite this, it can be worthwhile for you to use this amazing operating system.
Following are some of the major features of this remarkable operating system:
- The operating system features a very simple/friendly user interface.
- It offers many outstanding features and tools to users that help them enhance their productivity.
- The operating system is highly versatile and extremely stable & reliable.
- It comes with many great security features and tools.
- The operating system supports multitasking.
- The operating system is quite easy to use and navigate.
- It supports many peripheral devices.
- The OS has lower hardware requirements.
Linux vs Windows
Following are some of the major differences between Linux and Windows operating systems:
- You will have to purchase a license for using Windows OS. On the other hand, the latter is a free-to-use operating system.
- Windows OS is not that efficient and may not perform well on older systems. On the other hand, the latter is highly efficient and supports even older devices and systems.
- Windows offers a few security options to users. On the other hand, Linux offers lots of security options to users.
- You can customize Windows as per your preference. However, in comparison to Linux, it offers a few customization options to users. To learn how to customize Linux OS in more detail feel free to join our Linux Training Institute in Noida.
- Windows is less reliable and secure. On the other hand, the latter is relatively more reliable and secure.
- Updating Windows can be very frustrating as it receives frequent updates. Moreover, you have very less control when it comes to installing updates. On the other hand, the latter offers more control to users when it comes to installing updates.
- The UI of Windows is very user-friendly. On the other hand, the UI of the latter is less user-friendly in comparison to the Windows operating system.
- You can use the command line tool of Windows if you want to work on it through commands. But you will not get access to lots of features. On the other hand, if you use the command line on Linux you get access to many great features.
Both Windows and Linux are two incredible OS and offer many great features to their users. However, overall Linux is superior to Windows OS. The operating system offers more features to users in comparison to Windows. Furthermore, it can also work on old hardware efficiently unlike its competitor. However, you will require to have a decent knowledge of the command line to use the OS efficiently. So, if you are ok with this then you must use it instead of Windows OS. You will not regret choosing it as your computer’s operating system.