The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a highly competitive national-level entrance examination for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs in India. Every year, thousands of aspiring law students apply for the CLAT to secure a seat in one of the prestigious National Law Universities (NLUs) or other participating law institutions. The application process for CLAT 2024 is a crucial step in the journey towards a successful law career. In this article, we will provide a detailed overview of the CLAT application form, including important dates, eligibility criteria, and a step-by-step guide to help you smoothly navigate this essential phase.
Important Dates for CLAT 2024
While the official notification for CLAT 2024 is yet to be released, it is essential to keep track of the tentative dates to ensure you do not miss any deadlines. Here are some key dates to keep in mind:
|CLAT Notification 2024
|CLAT Application Form Release Date
|Last Date to fill CLAT Application Form
|CLAT 2024 Exam Date
Please note that these dates are tentative and subject to change. Always refer to the official CLAT website for the most up-to-date information.
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT Exam
Before proceeding with the application, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for CLAT. The criteria are different for undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programs:
- Undergraduate Programs (LL.B.):
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- A minimum of 45% marks for General/OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates is required.
- There is no upper age limit for appearing in CLAT.
- Postgraduate Programs (LL.M.):
- Candidates must have completed a 3-year LL.B. degree or a 5-year integrated LL.B. degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 50% marks for General/OBC/PwD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST candidates is required.
- There is no upper age limit for appearing in CLAT.
CLAT Application Form
Here is a step-by-step guide to fill the CLAT Application form:
- Registration: Visit the official CLAT website and click on the “Register” button. Enter your name, email address, mobile number, and other required details to create an account.
- Login and Fill the CLAT Application Form: Log in to your account using the credentials provided during registration. Click on “Apply for CLAT 2024” and fill in the required details, including personal information, academic qualifications, communication details, and reservation category (if applicable).
- Upload Documents: Upload scanned copies of your passport-sized photograph, signature, and other relevant documents as per the specifications mentioned in the application form. Ensure that the images are clear and within the specified file size and format limits.
- Choose Exam Center: Select your preferred exam centre from the available options. Keep in mind that exam centre allotment is subject to availability, and your preferred choice may not be guaranteed.
- Pay Application Fee: The application fee for CLAT 2024 varies based on the candidate’s category. Make the payment through the available online payment options (credit card, debit card, or net banking). Ensure you keep a record of the transaction for future reference.
- Review and Submit: Before applying, review all the information you have entered to ensure it is accurate and complete. Once you are satisfied, submit the application form. Please note that once submitted, no changes can be made to the application.
- Download and Print Confirmation Page: After applying, download the confirmation page and take a printout for your records. This confirmation page serves as proof of your successful application submission and may be required in the future.
- Keep track of important dates: Regularly check the official CLAT website and your registered email for updates regarding important dates, admit card availability, and other essential information.
- Download Admit Card: The admit card will be made available on the official CLAT website a few weeks before the exam. Download and print the admit card, as it is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam centre.
By following these steps, you can successfully submit the CLAT application form. Remember to keep track of the important dates and stay updated with any notifications related to the exam.
How to check CLAT notifications?
To check the CLAT notification for the CLAT 2024 exam, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities, which is responsible for conducting the CLAT exam.
- Look for notifications: On the homepage, you will find a section dedicated to the latest news and updates related to CLAT. Check this section regularly for any updates or announcements regarding CLAT 2024.
- Check the CLAT 2024 page: If there is a dedicated page for CLAT 2024, click on the link to access it. This page will contain all the relevant information, including important dates, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
- Sign up for updates: Some websites offer the option to sign up for email updates or newsletters. If this option is available on the official CLAT website, consider subscribing to receive notifications about important updates directly in your inbox.
- Follow social media channels: Many official organizations also share updates on their social media platforms. Consider following the Consortium of National Law Universities or CLAT’s official social media accounts, such as Facebook or Twitter, to receive updates and notifications.
- Check reputable education portals: Leading education portals and websites often provide updates and notifications related to competitive exams, including CLAT. Monitor such websites to stay informed about the latest CLAT 2024 updates.
Remember that the official CLAT website is the most reliable source of information about the exam. Always cross-check any information you find on other websites or social media platforms with the official website to ensure its accuracy.
Stay updated on the latest CLAT notifications by regularly checking the official website and following these steps. This will help you stay informed about important dates, application deadlines, and any changes in the exam pattern or syllabus.