Essential Things To Consider For A Partner Visa

Citizens from Australia or New Zealand to sponsor their spouse or de facto partner can apply for a partner visa in Australia. The visa permits the applicant to work and live in Australia. The process of a partner visa is difficult and time-consuming. To avoid lengthy visa processing, it is better to know the requirements and essential things to consider.

Here, we are going to review the essential requirements for a partner visa and the application process to help you have a seamless experience. Meanwhile, you can also connect with the partner visa specialist in Melbourne or across Australia for the application process. Continue to read and polish your knowledge about Australia’s partner visa.

What is Partner Visa in Australia?

Before going into detail about the partner visa, first learn about partner visa, i.e. what a partner visa is. The partner visa is a type of visa that allows the de facto or spouse of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to invite to Australia to live together by sponsoring them, but the age of the partner should be above 18 years. Please note relationship could be with same or different-sex person. To apply for a partner visa applicant may or may not be in Australia.

What are the Different Types of Partner Visas?

  • Subclass 820 and 801 are onshore visas. They permit a de facto partner or spouse of a permanent resident from Australia or New Zealand to live in Australia. With the 820 visas (temporary visa), the applicant can live for up to 2 years. If the applicant wishes to live in Australia permanently, they can apply for a permanent visa, i.e., an 801 visa.
  • Subclass 309 and 100 are provisional offshore visas, where subclass 309 is a temporary visa and subclass 100 is a permanent visa. The former is granted to the applicant with an allowance of living in Australia for up to 2 years. The applicant can go for a migrant visa subclass 100 during those two years in Australia.
  • Subclass 300 is a prospective marriage visa for engaged people or those wishing to marry a permanent resident living in Australia or New Zealand. The applicant can stay in Australia for up to 9 months.

Who can register for a Partner Visa?

Applicants who are a spouse or de facto partner of an Australian or New Zealand permanent resident can apply for an Australia partner visa. You must prepare for the application process if you are one of those people. Following you will know about the essential requirements.

The applicants should know that they are going for two visas side by side during their application for a permanent visa. The first visa is onshore subclass 820, whereas the second is an offshore subclass 309 partner visa.

The former visa is a temporary visa that allows the applicant to live and work in Australia when their permanent visa arrives. The first phase of your visa application process is getting the temporary visa and the way to your permanent visa. The visa is known as subclass 801 or subclass 100 permanent visa.

What are the Essential Requirements for a Partner Visa?

The following are three main requirements for the applicant to be eligible for the partner visa in Australia:

  • The applicant must have a genuine and committed spouse or de facto relationship.
  • The applicant’s partner must be a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand.
  • The applicant must meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.

The applicants must have valid proof of their relationship at the time of application. The evidence should include the following:

  • Documents validating your marriage or live-in relationship.
  • Joint financial records (if any).
  • Pictures of both partners together.
  • Witnesses declarations from close ones – friends and family validating the relationship.

Final Thoughts

All the applicants who have completed the partner visa application process know how challenging and time-consuming the process is. The paperwork can be intimidating and requires careful analysis of the forms for the details required.

However, after the long road and hurdles comes success. Once your application is completed and processed, you will get the visa, and you can have your dream come true of living with your partner in Australia.

To ease the process, we have provided the essential requirements in the blog that you can consider before applying. You can seek assistance from a registered migration agent (MARA agent) to help you professionally and make the process easier.

This can be an ideal way to increase your chances of a successful visa application. At the Asia Pacific Group, we provide consultancy for partner visa applications. We have a team of professionals who understand and fulfil our client’s visa requirements seamlessly.

Therefore, if you are seeking guidance for a partner visa, we suggest you reach us through our website, and our consultant will contact you. We would be pleased to help make your and your partner’s dream of living together a reality.